- Corruption is a business risk for the private sector.
- Targeted attempts to curb corruption have yielded significant benefits to improve the regulation of the business environment.
- Government and civil society supported anti-corruption initiatives involving the private sector operate to mainstream corporate compliance systems.
- In some cases, there are formal arrangements, such as the MPA’s business integrity model; in other cases, such as the Citizen Participation Committees, there are informal engagements with businesses.
- Other civil society backed programmes, such as IC500, seek to evaluate the top 500 Mexican companies with respect to the existence and public availability of corporate integrity policies.