Recruitment of consultant to conduct a study on illicit financial flows associated with rosewood, gold, and turtle trafficking in Madagascar
U4 is recruiting a consultant to carry out a study on the illicit financial flows associated with rosewood, gold, and turtle trafficking in Madagascar.
The objective of the consultancy is to carry out an in-depth study on illicit financial flows associated with the natural resources sector – rosewood, exploitation of gold, turtles trafficking – in Madagascar.
More specifically, this study will identify:
- the forms of corruption and illicit practices (e.g. risks of money laundering, tax avoidance, fraud, etc.) associated with these three natural resources as well as at which stage(s) of the value/supply chain these illicit practices take place. To the extent possible, quantifying the problem.
- the methods and mechanisms used (routes used for trafficking, methods of concealment, use of front companies, etc.).
- the actors involved
- institutional points of vulnerability (e.g. customs, transport sector)
- the commonalities between these three natural resources (e.g. same actors, same methods)
- the common entry points for these three natural resources in order to propose realistic and feasible recommendations in relation to the political, institutional, social, economic and environmental context in Madagascar.
Application deadline: 7 April 2021
For further information and application details, see: