The Essentials of Anti-Corruption is a five-week course focusing on general issues ranging from definitions, concepts, causes and consequences to anti-corruption practice, international cooperation, and the donor agenda.
Who can take this course?
Participation is open and free for U4 partner agency staff (includes staff from foreign affairs ministries/embassies). If you are a U4 partner agency staff, you can also nominate participants from other institutions and organisations that you work with.
Why take this course?
- Become better prepared for development work in a corruption-prone environment
- Get new ideas on tackling corruption as a development problem
- Improve capacity to deal with internal integrity issues within donor agencies themselves
The course is ideal for advisors and programme managers working in development agencies and governments – especially democracy and governance advisors. Anyone who will be accountable for detailing how funds were spent, and how their actions have reduced corruption and increased programme efficiency will benefit from this course.
At the end of this course, participants will have:
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of corruption – in theory and practice
- Increased knowledge of international legislation and cooperation
- Better understanding of how to implement anti-corruption strategies and policies
- Acquired useful tools to analyse corruption in a given local setting
- Good understanding of available resources on corruption/anti-corruption
- Learned how to use the resources and services offered by the U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre
Workload and training methods
You will take part in regular online discussions and write assignments to be reviewed by experts. You need a stable internet connection and a minimum of 10 hours per week. You will get help and guidance from a course facilitator, and experts with specialist knowledge contribute to the discussions and comment on assignments.
Course readers and material for all U4 online training programmes can be found on our course material page. This information is only accessible for partner agency staff, and you can download it even if you are not registered on a course.
If you complete the course successfully you get a certificate.
Free of charge
Participation is free for all approved participants.
We regret that we unfortunately cannot respond to requests for participation in the online course from individuals or organisations not connected to a U4 partner agency.