A three-week programme that provides information and lessons for anti-corruption engagement around natural resources.
Who can take this course?
Participation is open and free for U4 partner agency staff (includes staff from foreign affairs ministries/embassies). If you are a U4 partner agency staff, you can also nominate participants from other institutions and organisations that you work with.
Why take this course?
- Improve your understanding of corruption in renewable and non-renewable resource sectors
- Learn about vulnerabilities to corruption in natural resource-related aid financing and programmes
- Critically engage with tools and initiatives for addressing corruption in natural resources
- Enhanced appreciation of corruption risks in natural resource sectors
- Increased understanding of what current tools and initiatives can achieve in this area
1. Introduction to corruption and anti-corruption in natural resource management
2. Corruption, anti-corruption and extractive industries
3. Corruption, anti-corruption and renewable natural resources
Workload and training methods
You will take part in regular message-based online discussions and write assignments to be reviewed by experts. You need a stable internet connection and a minimum of 10 hours per week. You will get help and guidance from a course facilitator, and experts with specialist knowledge contribute to the discussions and comment on assignments. There are no scheduled meetings/webinars taking place at specific times of the day.
Course readers and material for all U4 online training programmes can be found on our course material page. This information is only accessible for partner agency staff, and you can download it even if you are not registered on a course.
If you complete the course successfully you get a certificate.
Free of charge
Participation is free for all approved participants.
We regret that we unfortunately cannot respond to requests for participation in the online course from individuals or organisations not connected to a U4 partner agency.