Corruption in the Education Sector is a four-week course on methodologies to address problems of corruption in Education. To give you this course, we collaborate with the International Institute on Educational Planning – IIEP, UNESCO.
Who can take this course?
Participation is open and free for U4 partner agency staff (includes staff from foreign affairs ministries/embassies). If you are a U4 partner agency staff, you can also nominate participants from other institutions and organisations that you work with.
Why take this course?
- Get a better understanding of how corruption impacts education outcomes.
- Learn about diagnostic tools and strategies to address corruption and to counteract the lack of accountability in the sector.
The course is targeted to education sector advisors and programme managers working in development agencies and governments. Democracy and governance advisors may also appreciate the sector-specific perspective gained from the course. Anyone who will be accountable for detailing how funds were spent, and how their actions reduced corruption and increased programme efficiency will benefit from this course.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- map the major areas of education governance affected by corruption
- reflect on the impact of corrupt practices on EFA and MDG goals
- select appropriate diagnostic tools and monitor their application
- promote an integrated strategy to address corruption in the sector
- strengthen efforts to develop local management capacities for improved education governance
- support social mobilisation programmes to press for transparency and integrity
Workload and training methods
You will take part in regular online discussions and write assignments to be reviewed by experts. You need a stable internet connection and a minimum of 10 hours per week. You will get help and guidance from a course facilitator, and experts with specialist knowledge contribute to the discussions and comment on assignments.
Course readers and material for all U4 online training programmes can be found on our course material page. This information is only accessible for partner agency staff, and you can download it even if you are not registered on a course.
If you complete the course successfully you get a certificate.
Free of charge
Participation is free for all approved participants.
We regret that we unfortunately cannot respond to requests for participation in the online course from individuals or organisations not connected to a U4 partner agency.